LSU Music Boot Camp – Fall 2016
The LSU School of Music Boot Camp is an intensive five-day program designed specifically for incoming music students. The program is designed to ease the transition for incoming music students to college life.
Cost: $150 (plus $86 for early housing arrival fee)
Date: Sunday August 14, 2016 -Thursday August 18, 2016
*Co-registration of the Music Boot Camp with other activities (offered during the same dates) such as TIGER BAND CAMP, ORIENTATION, RUSH or STRIPES is prohibited.
Registration fee includes: All activities/materials/Boot Camp T-shirt
Registration deadline: July 20, 2016
NOTE: The registration deadline for Bootcamp 2016 has passed. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 225-578-2652
About LSU School of Music Bootcamp
At LSU School of Music Boot Camp, participants will:
- Engage with School of Music faculty and staff
- Take practice classes and exams
- Collaborate in the creation of an original music production
- Participate in study and life skills workshops
In an effort to simulate the life of a typical music student, each participant will attend intensives encompassing LSU Music’s core curriculum. Participants will also attend workshops in time management and learning strategies—integral to a successful academic career. In the evenings, participants will collaborate on the creation of a new work to be performed at the conclusion of the program.
Students with an on-campus fall housing assignment may request an early move in date in the registration form and will pay an additional amount for the additional 3 days in the residence hall. Students not living on campus Fall 2016 are not eligible for on-campus housing for the Boot Camp.
There will be an opening night college dinner. No other meals are provided. There are several affordable dining options in the LSU Student Union and surrounding campus area.
BOOT CAMP SCHEDULE
- Housing and program check in
- Tours of facilities and the LSU Campus
- Meet and Greet with School of Music and Department of Theatre
- Music History Lectures/Practice Exam/Feedback session
- Study Skills Workshops
- Content intensive music workshops
- Choral experience and production
- Interdepartmental Project