Visit the LSU College of Music & Dramatic Arts | Visit the LSU School of Theatre


Of the many opportunities available for supporting the LSU School of Music, none more directly affect the quality of our students and faculty than scholarships, professorships and chairs. The information below outlines the basic guidelines for creating an endowed professorship in the area of your choosing.

Professorships in music may be created through the LSU Foundation. Endowed professorships provide perpetual awards based on the earnings of the endowment. Endowed professorships require a principal of at least $100,000. Professorships are intended to supplement the salaries of faculty who meet the criteria outlined in the Donor Professorship Agreement. Those professorships that are currently functional are listed below. Some donors have indicated a specific area for the professorship; for others, the School of Music has made that determination.

Existing LSU School of Music Endowed Professorships

  • Aloysia Landry Barineau Memorial Endowed Professorship Keyboard Studies
  • Stephanie Landry Barineau Endowed Professorship Choral Studies
  • Julian & Sidney Carruth Professorship Music
  • Mary Barrett Fruehan Opera Professorship
  • Helen & Derryl Haymon Professorship Number 1 Music
  • Helen & Derryl Haymon Professorship Number 2 Music
  • Edith K. Kirkpatrick Professorship Voice
  • Paula Garvey Manship Distinguished Professor in Piano Fund Piano
  • Carolyn Mattax Professorship Fund Organ
  • Carl Prince Matthies Professorship Music
  • Nell S. & Boyd H. McMullan Professorship Music
  • Penniman Family Professorship Music
  • Drew Shaw Distinguished Professorship Music (pending completion)
  • Marjorie Gianelloni Thompson Alumni Association Departmental Professorship Music
  • Emitte E. & David D. White Alumni Association Departmental Professorship Music

Contact Information

Individuals interested in supporting any of these endowments or in creating new endowments: please contact Krista Allen, Senior Director of Development at or 225-578-6441.